What’s a dance class without a playlist to dance to? Regardless of if you’re learning to dance for the first time, or if you’re choreographing a professional dance routine, every dance has to have a song to go with it.
Here at Arthur Murray Dance Center, we believe that dance should be fun and engaging. When the right song comes on, even the most inexperienced dancer can get excited about showing off their dance moves; even if their favorite move is the “lawn mower.”
Arthur Murray Dance wants to get you out on the dance floor and take your dance moves from your typical routine of the two-step and the finger snap, to the Jive and the Hustle. But no routine is complete without the perfect dance song to count your steps to.
We have a list of what we would consider the top ten dance songs that encourage people to dance–regardless of their skill level.
- “Shout” by The Isley Brothers
- “Thriller” by Michael Jackson
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston
- “Y.M.C.A” by The Village People
- “Love Shack” by The B-52’s
- “Vogue” Madonna
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas
- “Single Ladies” by Beyonce
- “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles
- “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
At Arthur Murray Dance Center, we will make your dance class fun and upbeat. We want you to experience all of the joys that come with dance. Please call us today so you can find the perfect dance class for you. You’ll be Quick-stepping to your favorite song before you know it!