So, you’ve finally taken the leap to sign up for your first dance class! We’re so excited that you’ve chosen Arthur Murray Dance Center, and we want you to know that we will help you succeed in your goals when it comes to dance. The next step is actually attending your first dance lesson. We’ve compiled a list of a few tips that may help you as you’re preparing for your first dance lesson.
- Loosen up! Relax both mentally and physically. Everyone in your dance class will be there because that’s the skill level they’re at too, so don’t worry about your performance. Also, make sure to warm up before your lessons so your body is ready to move.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Especially when it comes to your pants and shoes, you don’t want to feel constricted in your clothes or to have hurting feet.
- Bring a water bottle. Any physical activity requires fluids to keep your body hydrated.
- While we’re talking about water, bring a towel as well. You may find yourself dancing up a sweat.
- Bring an open mind. Everyone learns at their own pace, and you will make mistakes. The process is part of the fun!
We hope that you’re excited for your first dance lesson, and we know that you won’t regret signing up for dance classes with the Arthur Murray Dance Center.
If you haven’t signed up for your first lesson yet, don’t hesitate to give us a call! We would love to hear from you. We will find the perfect dance class for you and your skill level.